Return to Calendar
A two-day course to help candidates understand the fundamentals of sewerage systems, with emphasis on designing sewer collection systems in townships.
Attend this course and learn about:
- The composition of complete sewerage systems, including the conveyance network, treatment works and associated infrastructure
- The selection of appropriate sanitation systems and the challenges associated with O&M
- The design of sewerage networks, including the selection of pipes and fittings and the parameters to be considered when laying pipes
- Policies, guidelines, health, hygiene, community requirements and education
The course is aimed at (but not limited to):
- Staff involved in the design of conveyance networks
- Staff employed in local government and involved in the planning, design, operations and maintenance of conveyance networks or about to become involved in the field
- Candidate engineers, technologists and technicians
- Experienced personnel looking for a refresher in sewer design
This course is accredited with ECSA (Engineering Council of South Africa) and carries two CPD points
Please note the following requirements for online courses:
- Delegates are responsible to ensure that they have sufficient data to cover the full duration of the online course.
- According to the ECSA requirements for online training, a compulsory assessment has to be completed online.
- To receive a CPD certificate a 75% pass mark. Less than 75% will result in an attendance certificate which can be submitted for IPD.
COST (ONLINE COURSES)
- R4 492.00 inc VAT for SAICE members
- R5 240.00 inc VAT for// non-members
Register ONLINE via this link to the SAICE website: https://store.saice.org.za/training-courses
OR Request a manual registration form for the course from Lizelle@saicepdp.org
Download the Brochure
Lizelle du Preez
Tel: 011 476 4100 / 072 356 5230